- Do you have loved ones who depend on you for their well-being?
- Does the fragile state of the world concern you more than it used to?
- Could the impact of future natural disasters negatively affect you and your family?
- Do you trust government to look after you and your family if a disaster occurs?
- Do you wish to enhance your family’s security in the event of a natural or man-made disaster?
Congratulations for acting now to increase your chances of surviving a future cataclysmic event.We all pay a considerable amount for insurance to protect us against loss from unknown future calamities that may never occur. We insure our life, health, vehicles, home & property but very few of us have a plan that increases our chance of survival in the event of a major disruption of our way of life. You could soon be among a very select group.
Since everyone’s situation is different, a “cookie cutter” emergency survival plan that works for someone else might be inappropriate for you. If you live in a penthouse in New York City your emergency response plan will be quite different than if you live in a rural area of Canada. It is paramount that you develop a plan that will work best for your specific circumstances.
You have come to the right place. I can help.
Hi and welcome to my blog. My name is Bryan Barfoot. I will provide you with practical steps and methods that will produce an emergency survival plan geared to your circumstances. My goal is to help keep you and your loved ones safe during an emergency.
I have lived in northern Canada for the past 45 years and I spent much of that time as a bush pilot operating in extremely remote and uncharted territories. I lived off the grid for nine years in a location 165 miles north of the last road in Ontario. I have been self-employed and largely self-reliant since starting my own air charter business when I was 25 years old. I also have a background in engineering and I have designed and built over 30 homes including log structures. I have hands on experience with all phases of house construction including:
- Site layout including plot plans, survey, clearing, drainage
- Servicing – hydro, water, sewer/septic, road construction
- Custom home design incorporating passive & active solar and wind energy
- Trades – plumbing, heating, electrical
My wife Barbara and I are empty nesters and we reside in our self-built waterfront home on Manitoulin Island, Ontario. Manitoulin Island is renowned as the largest freshwater Island in the world with a population of 16,000. My hobby, when I find time, is classic car restoration.